How to Avoid Fake CBD Oil
Using natural CBD oil from a reputable company is one of the simplest steps you can take when learning how to avoid fake CBD oil. Synthetic compounds in cannabidiol (CBD) oil are not only considered anti-wellness, but consumption of fake CBD products can be quite dangerous. Each year, dozens of people in the United States fall ill with vomiting, seizures and loss of consciousness after failing to take proper steps to ensure their CBD is completely natural. For example, in December 2017, the Utah Poison Control Center released reports of 52 emergencies involving exposure to products that were incorrectly labeled as CBD.
More recently, analytical testing laboratory SC Laboratories completed a study in July 2020, along with the United Cannabis Business Association (UCBA). The lab tested 17 samples purchased at unlicensed CBD shops or retailers in and around Los Angeles. The results were as follows:
- Over 70% of the samples failed, either for excessive contamination or did not legally qualify as hemp.
- 42% of the fake market samples failed the safety testing, compared with approximately 1.5% of regulated market samples which fail for contaminants. In some cases, the level of contamination was several hundred times more than allowable limits.
- 53% of tested samples labeled as hemp or hemp-based did not qualify as hemp, per the 2018 Farm Bill classifying hemp as cannabis which contains no more than 0.3% total THC.
- Although the results are startling, locating a safe CBD shop is relatively simple. Once one is found, consider following the methods below.
How to avoid fake CBD oil:
- Examine the store or website carefully. Although CBD products are readily available in many places, it is best to purchase from a company with complete focus on ensuring safe and healthy products. Bottles of CBD haphazardly mixed in with unrelated products are cause for concern.
- Inspect the product label to determine if the product is derived from hemp or cannabis and pure cannabidiol, if it is certified CBD and if it is full spectrum. Ingredients such as 4-cyano CUMYL-BUTINACA (4-CCB) is a known imposter.
- Ensure a third-party lab verification plan. Testing of products by an unaffiliated company is the right path to natural CBD oil. At the very least, third-party lab testing can keep those in non-legalized states on the right side of the law, as the FDA allowance of only 0.3% of THC can be verified.
- When in doubt, contact the company! Trusted companies like Cannasté have accessible customer support professionals, while it is often the case fake CBD oil companies avoid customer interaction and do not answer inquiries.
Questions to ask:
- How are the products manufactured? Some of the more reliable methods are alcohol extraction and CO2 extraction, both of which do not use harmful solvents.
- How are the ingredients sourced? This is important as close to 40% of the extracts used for CBD oil are created from the cannabis plant.
- Does the description make outrageous claims? Be highly suspicious of these claims and the associated products.
- Is dosing information clear? Reputable CBD brands will outline how much is needed plainly for users.
- Is the cost much less than other companies? Quality, natural CBD oil is priced for a quality user experience which includes clean ingredients, third-party testing and knowledgeable staff.
Starting to get confused about how to avoid fake CBD oil? Two types of CBD oil are typically considered authentic: hemp oil CBD and THC-free CBD oil. Hemp oil consists of over 80 components of phytocannabinoids, cannabinoids that naturally occur in the cannabis plant. THC-free CBD oil, as the name indicates, does not have any traces of THC. Products in this genre have been beneficial to some in ways similar to hemp oil CBD.
It is important to boycott companies selling fake CBD products for both your own reasons and general ethical reasons. The undiscovered benefits of CBD are also at stake; if it becomes once again shunned by society, its reputation could be permanently tarnished, thus denying people in need of its many, natural benefits.
Cannasté is building a conscious community committed to showcasing how to simply incorporate cannabis into an everyday active lifestyle. By educating about the benefits of cannabis and overall wellness, Cannasté is a shop focused on health and CBD wellness, promoting natural, clean, vegan, non-GMO, gluten-free and delicious CBD products as a solution for riding the waves of your everyday life.