Find your Calm with CBD and Meditation
Let’s face it – life can be stressful. There’s a constant juggling of responsibilities. Work, home, family, friends — it’s hard to keep it all in balance. Who even has time to think about self-care? And yet,if you don’t take care of yourself, how can you possibly take care of all of those other things? Self-care is not just important, it’s crucial. And one of the best self-care methods is meditation. Combining CBD oil and meditation can help increase calm and promote wellness. As a CBD wellness company, we also see many benefits to meditation while high.
Better Meditation Practiees
Now, when most people hear the word “meditation”, they picture someone sitting cross-legged on a cushion, chanting while staring intensely at the flame of a candle. And, yes, that’s one way to do it. But in its most pure and simple form, meditation is merely a practice of enhancing focus, awareness and relaxation. While meditation does have religious roots stemming from Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam and even Judaism and Christianity, modern-day meditation is really just a practice to calm the mind and decrease stress. So before dismissing the concept of meditation as being too New Age, keep in mind that there can be real benefits to taking some time out of your day to meditate.
Okay. You get it. You’re convinced that you should meditate. But … how? “Quieting your mind” is all well and good in theory, but how do you actually do it? Carving out a few private minutes for yourself can be challenging enough, but then hearing yourself mentally scream “Okay, here we go. Relax! Relax right now! Come on, RELAX!” seems a little unproductive, and makes you even more stressed out than when you started. We suggest that using CBD oil for meditation may be helpful on your journey. Meditation while high can be intimidating but incorporating CBD can help promote calm feelings and overall wellness.
Cannabidiol, better known as CBD, is known for its popularity in many different applications. While many people have found benefits of it in their everyday life, it can also be useful when applied in situations such as meditation and yoga!
Combining CBD oil and meditation can:
- Create calm
- Quiet the mind
- Improve focus and attention
- Increase self-awareness
- Increase the feeling of emotional well-being
So in the context of meditation, using CBD for meditation can be a great tool to center and calm the mind and increase mental clarity. It is not about meditating while high, as hemp-derived CBD from a reputable CBD wellness company does not contain the psychoactive compound of THC which produces that “high feeling”, but rather about using the natural benefits of CBD.
So you’ve taken your CBD. (Hopefully, not just once but regularly). You’re ready to meditate. Now what?
- Find a quiet place. Outside is great, if that’s doable. There’s something about the sounds of nature and the feeling of air on your skin that has an instant calming quality. But if time or weather makes outside impossible, then carve out a little sanctuary inside for yourself. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy — just someplace where there is nothing to trigger you into thinking about your daily worries. No work. No phones. No computers or screens of any kind.
- Find a comfortable position. Sitting is great but you can lie down, too. Just find a way that you can let all the tension in your body literally and physically release.
- Close your eyes and breathe. Go inside your mind. Deep breath in, deep breath out. Not just the shallow breathing that comes from your chest but deep from your belly. Focus on your breathing. Feel the oxygen feeding and healing you on a cellular level. Give yourself permission to relax.
- Be open. Many people meditating find it hard to quiet the mind. It can be difficult to remove all thoughts entirely. And that’s okay. If you find yourself drifting, don’t get frustrated. Gently come back to your breathing. If you can’t empty your thoughts completely, at least focus on some good ones like gratitude. Remember a time when you felt joyful. Or abundant. This is *your* practice and it can look however you want it to.
- Embrace the tools that are available to you. You can make use of a CD that has nature sounds. Or Buddhist chanting. Or an experienced teacher who can verbally guide you through your meditation. You can make use of essential oils rubbed directly onto your body or used with a room diffuser to create a symphony of smells to instantly calm you. Soft lights. A comfy pillow. A fuzzy rug. All of these can promote feelings of peace and calm. And, of course, the delicious tinctures from Cannasté — all organic, and available in a variety of flavors — can truly help provide you with your daily dose of calm.
All in all, meditation with CBD is not complicated or a state that only the highly trained can achieve. Meditation is just you taking some time out of your day for yourself. You deserve it. And we want to help you to get wherever it is you want to go by partnering with you on your journey. Find out more about our CBD wellness company, CBD oil and meditation. Please feel free to contact us at any time. We look forward to becoming your preferred CBD wellness company.