7 Important Facts About CBD
Cannasté is a wellness-focused store that promotes natural wellness CBD products designed to work with your routine, but how much do you actually know about cannabidiol better known as CBD? Here are seven facts that we feel are important to know.
- CBD is just one of many ingredients found within the cannabis plant. When people think of the cannabis plant, they generally think of THC and CBD — as those are the two most prevalent ingredients. But there are actually more than 85 different cannabinoids in that plant and each one has different effects.
- CBD won’t get you “high”. When the general public thinks of CBD, it is most commonly thought of as coming from the cannabis plant, also known as marijuana, and therefore almost always associated with a “recreational drug”. But CBD can be extracted from not only the cannabis plant but the hemp plant as well.CBD alone has no psychoactive effects. In fact, CBD may also counteract and neutralize the negative effects of THC. So if someone is ever having a “bad trip”, CBD can be helpful.
- CBD is easy to work into any routine. As CBD becomes more popular and readily available thanks to federal legalities, it is easy to find the products you need! Pick up your favorites online and start adding them to any routine that you already have in place!
- CBD is nothing new. Archaeologists can trace hemp back as far as 10,000 to 12,000 years ago. Although unconfirmed, the late astronomer, Carl Sagan, theorized that hemp may actually have been the very first cultivated crop. Former US Presidents George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were both hemp farmers. Cannabis was prescribed medicinally in Ancient Greece and Queen Victoria, who ruled England from 1837 until her death in 1901, was widely known as a supporter of CBD.
- Even if you’re healthy, CBD can be beneficial. CBD products are made to help you ride the waves of your daily life. From that big presentation at work to improving your Hatha yoga practice, you’ll be able to try different products that can help you feel more comfortable doing everyday things!
- Hemp-derived CBD is federally legal in all of the US. While laws regarding marijuana-derived CBD vary from state to state, hemp-derived CBD is federally legal for consumption and importation. This means that consumers can have hemp-derived CBD products legally shipped to them regardless of where they live.
- With CBD, quality is key. Not all CBD is created equally. Hemp plants will absorb whatever good or bad nutrients and chemicals are present in the soil. This means that if pesticides, herbicides or any other harmful chemicals are used in the growth process, those same chemicals will remain in the finished product. That is why organic is best.
Whether you are just dipping your toe into the CBD pool, or are experienced in all the benefits of CBD, we hope you will consider partnering with Cannasté on your journey. Quality is of utmost importance to us, and all of our CBD products are third-party tested for potency and purity. We have spent extensive time educating ourselves on natural wellness CBD and we love sharing our knowledge with all who are interested.
You can always contact us with any questions or comments, follow us on our social media sites like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, and shop our variety of feel-good products which is ever-expanding with new natural wellness CBD inventory. Ride the wave. Feel the calm. Namaste.